MidWeek Spotlights Hawai‘i Foodbank’s 40th Anniversary
In recognition of Hawai‘i Foodbank’s 40th anniversary, the cover story of this week’s issue of MidWeek (Nov. 22, 2023) takes a look back at Hawai‘i Foodbank’s history while also shining a spotlight on programs and initiatives aimed at ultimately ending hunger in Hawai‘i.
In the article, Ginger Keller sits down with President and CEO Amy Miller to discuss Hawai‘i Foodbank’s commitment to nourishing our ‘ohana today and ending hunger tomorrow.
- Taking a look at how food banks work.
- How John White established the Foodbank in 1983 with help from the community.
- The development of the Foodbank’s programs like ‘Ohana Produce Plus, Food 4 Keiki and more.
- How the COVID-19 pandemic shifted the Foodbank’s organizational model.
- The Foodbank’s commitment to providing nutritious food options through initiatives like Farm to Foodbank.
- Eliminating the stigma around asking for food assistance.
- The best ways to support the Foodbank.
- How the Foodbank is strategically positioning itself and working with partners to end hunger in Hawai‘i.
The MidWeek issue is available on O‘ahu this week, and you can also read the story online.